Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Grave Site




After visiting Dr. Bob's house at 855 Ardmore, Akron, Ohio. One of the caretakers took time out of their day to lead me to  Dr. Bob and his wife Anne's grave site (Mt. Peace Cemetary, Akron). I am extremely grateful. For quite some time, I have wanted to go to Dr. Bob's grave site. I had heard that it was simple, and not fancy. Upon arriving, the first thought that crossed my mind was anonymity. The head stone was not easily visible from the street, and upon closer inspection, the location, and look all served to convey a sense of anonymity. No grand statues, or plaques. No fountains, with angels, no marble scrolls. Nothing at all to denote that this is the grave site of a man who with God's help, helped thousands of alcoholics; now millions. Absolutely remarkable! An example of humility. I was happy to see a flower pot next to the head stone that listed the four absolutes: Absolute Purity, Absolute Honesty, Absolute Unselfishness, and Absolute Love.




This memorial is present at the entrance to the cemetary, and is not readily visible. It is also not near the actual grave site. It is quite impressive, and well maintained by the folks who maintain Dr. Bob's house. If not for the generosity of the caretaker who directed me to this, I would simply have never found it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment